Saturday, April 14, 2012

Assisi Trip

So I am really far behind on my blog so I am just going to pick up where I left off and hopefully I will remember everything. The weekend after our second trip to Florence we had a field trip to Assisi. We took the pink bus again and I got a picture of it this time to show you how ridiculous it was.


First, we went to St. Francis Basilica. It was probably one of my favorite churches that I have visited since I've been in Italy. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take picture inside which was the most beautiful part but I got some pictures of the outside.




Next Marco gave us a short tour of Assisi which is where he is from. It is pretty similar to Orvieto, a small town on a hill with narrow streets and pretty views to the surrounding area. These are some pictures of the town.





In the afternoon we walked up to a castle on top of the hill in Assisi. It was really cool. You could see the whole city from up there. I paid to go into the castle which was definitely worth it. These are some pictures from the castle. 










After the castle a bunch of us girls headed to Perugia which is a short train ride from Assisi. We had a hostel in Perugia for one night. I didn't have too much time in Perugia because we got there late in the afternoon and I left the next morning but we had a girls night out on Friday. It was a lot of fun. These are my pictures from Perugia.




On Saturday a few of us headed to Lake Trasimeno which is pretty close to Perugia. It was really pretty and a really nice day. There is a park on the shore of the lake. We hung out there for awhile and got gelato. Then we explored the town a little and found a hike to do. The hike was basically a road but it wasn't busy and we got great views of the lake. On our way down we got to see the sunset over the lake. These are some of my pictures from Lake Trasimeno. 





















After the hike we found dinner and headed back to Orvieto. On our way back we stopped in Arezzo to transfer trains. We had enough time between trains to explore the town a little bit and get a drink at one of the bars near the station. We didn't get back to Orvieto until almost 11:00 p.m. I had all day Sunday to just relax before class on Monday. Overall it was a pretty good weekend. 

~ Jena

No comments:

Post a Comment